Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My first sketch challenge

I have a confession. Well 2 confessions actually.  My first, I don't know how to load my ATG gun. Yes, I know it's sad but it's true.  My husband usually does it for me.  Everytime I attempt to do it, I waste like a foot of tape.  So after I made this page today, I couldn't make anymore b/c I ran out of tape and my  husband won't be home until 5.  My second confession. I am not creative. I need inspiration most of the time to make a card or layout.  I am a serial scrap lifter.  I can copy stuff well I think but to think of it myself, I just can't do it. Which brings me to today's layout.  I joined Networkedblogs.com thinking I may get some followers b/c I love to share my scrap lifted ideas with the masses. So instead of me getting followers, 200 blogs out there now have me following them!  I was browsing through some of them and I found this sketch challenge from scrap-a-little.com .  Not sure if I will actually enter it into the challenge b/c not only can't I load an ATG gun and be creative, I am also not so sure of my work.  But I did like the sketch and I do have 3 maybe 4 Disney vacations to still scrap so I thought I would try it out with the Singing in the Rain umbrella photo's that every person who visits Hollywood studios should get of their children. And if you do something right under that umbrella, it will rain! We haven't figured it out yet though. I guess we'll have to go back to try it out!
This is the sketch. Cute and looked simple enough for me.  I am not sure how to link this back to her blog but you can see on the picture it is www.scrap-a-little.com
What do you Tink? (Get it? Tink ha ha!) The sketch Disney-a-fied!

These are the carts I used. The font for "Hollywood" came from OUAP.  The "Disney" is from MAF and "studios" is MF.  The heads were cut from MAF as well.  The circl was cut from PS. The paper was from a fantastic store in Gettysburg, PA called Forevermore Scrapbooks. It is located right on the main street in town. I would make the 3 hour drive just to go shopping there. Great stuff. I have seen the paper at AC Moore too, we were on vacation in Gettysburg so I stopped in. The borders are from a set I got at Disney a few years ago.  1 Disney picture down, 999 to go!

I hope you are having great weather like we are here, 50 degrees in January in the Poconos! Wow!!

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Love your layout. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete