Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine or Birthday Candy Card

I really hate when the days you wake up inspired and ready to work, you are busy.  Today I am going shopping in the afternoon with a friend, have a Daisy meeting afterschool and then Winter Carnival at the school tonight where I  have to take yearbook pictures. Good thing my husband is coming so he can take the kids around and I can take pictures of other peoples children ha ha.  It's rainy and gloomy here today in the Poconos.  The ugly, hard, gravel snow is almost gone. But it's not that cold, I think it's supposed to hit 50 today!  I am sure my dad will call and tell me it's in the 80's in Florida...good weather feelings gone. So today, I whipped up this candy card while my youngest was still sleeping.  I am not a great stamper even though I really want to be.  I belong to a great stamp kit club called The Stamps of Life.  For around $10 a month you get a cute stamp set. Since I really don't know what stamps to by on my own, this is building my collection nicely. They are really good quality, very happy with this club.  This card was easy, fast and fun! I think it could go either way, Valentine's card or Birthday, so I didn't put a sentiment inside. I will wait until I am in a panic of needing a card 5 min before we leave for a party for that :o)

I used a card from Die Cuts With a View.   I then cut white cardstock with my Fiskars cutter and a scallop insert cutter thingy.  I stamped using Stampin Up stamp pads . I have to say, I was so excited to get these stamp pads, I paid over $50 for the set and while the pad itself is nice, I hate the packaging. I have a hard time closing it, it usually pops off the bottom and I get ink everywhere. This was my first Stampin Up purchase too. Thought I would be happier about it.  Maybe I am just a clutz or something but I don't like them. The stamps are called Candy2Share.  So cute and pefect for the Valentine's, Birthdays and even Easter!
These are the supplies I used.

1 comment: